Friday, February 11, 2011

Wednesday Happiness

 Happy Friday FRIENDS!  I can't believe it is already the weekend of the big It's a Date! sale.  I'm just so excited!  I hope you are too.

Because we have been so busy getting everything ready for the sale (A has been tagging, packing, pricing and such for the last couple of weeks)  I thought it would be nice to make a really delicious dinner for us, as the next few days may see a lot of take-out food.

We had a great falafel dinner on Wednesday.  I made the falafel's from a box, but they were still really really good.  I also sliced up a cucumber, carrot and shredded some lettuce (I forgot to chop a little raw onion, but A didn't mind too much).  Paired with some warm pitas from the onion and a container full of Holyland hummus and we were set.
 I also made a side of roasted veggies-potatoes, carrots and mushrooms, to be exact.  just a little olive Oil, slat and pepper and dill and it was GREAT!
 cook you falafel, COOK!
 Man was it a good dinner.  I think we will be making variations of this for the next while.
 Also, A did a little baking for the sale.  She made these sesame coated sugar cookies with organic strawberry/raspberry preserves. so. so. good! Also, chocolate and sprinkle covered pretzels.  All of you not sure about going to the sale, if nothing else, come for the baked goods and mimosas! yummmmmmm!

1 comment:

  1. you guys are awesome. this meal looks so delish that i think i might make it next week (after the sale is over!)

    ReplyDelete