Thursday, February 17, 2011

lunch

 Today I ended up having an awesome lunch, and while I was the one putting it all together, I had no idea how great it would be!

Ever since watching Food Inc. recently, A and I have changed our eating habits for the better.  don't get me wrong, we had been eating pretty well in the past, but this film really pushed us over the edge and I feel great about it.

Anyhow, last night when I was throwing my lunch together, I found some odds and ends and thought I could make it work today. 

My lunch consisted of half a tomato, 3 baby Bella mushrooms, a pita (and a tub of hummus) some slices of cheese and 3 leafs of lettuce.  At first I thought I'd just nibble on them all separately, as I enjoy most of these components on their own.  Then I thought maybe I can just make a stuffed pita sammy.  And then it hit me.
 Pita Pizza!!!  I spread the hummus on the pita, cut up the tomato and mushrooms and added them on top.  Lastly, I cut the cheese up into smaller pieces, added them and put the whole thing in our convection over in the kitchen of my work.
 After it was all melty and good, I tore up the lettuce and topped it.  And then sliced it.
 "Holy Cow this thing is DELICIOUS!!!"
seriously, so so good.  And now I have a new way to mix up the same old ingredients.  yummmmmm.
I hope you all enjoyed your lunches today, too!

1 comment: