Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Today in rock history

(metalsucks.net)

 Hey Friends.  I think this is going to be a new segment in my blog "Today in rock history"  will just talk about some stuff that went down on certain days in history.  In case you didn't know, I studied History, and Musicology(history of music, basically) in college.  So this is like my favorite kind of stuff.

Today we are featuring the band Blind Faith.
Blind Faith is one of the first (or first, depending on how you look at it) Super groups.  Members include Eric Clapton(Cream, later Derek and the Dominos, among others), Steve Winwood(Traffic, Spencer Davis Group) and Ginger Baker(Cream and Ginger Bakers Airforce) , and Ric Grech (Family). 

                                                                                                    



                                                                                               




(en.wikipedia.org)


Anyhow, on this day in Rock History, these guys became official.  They only produced on album (an iconic one, by that. The Album cover has been the topic of debate time and again).  and played together for a little over a year.  But they were Rad.  I remember my Dad having this album when I was growing up. The cover (see below) was sort of weird to me, but I loved the song "Can't Find My Way Home."  And I still do.

(eric-clapton.co.uk)

There you have it, a piece of Rock History for you to store in your trivia file.  Enjoy the video below, as it are rad.



1 comment:

  1. I like it! And, hey, I can't figure out how to sign-up for your blog?! There doesn't seem to be a button? --A

    ReplyDelete