Friday, February 4, 2011

This is what the world is for.....

 ....making electricity.....

Sunday marks A and my three year anniversary.  I couldn't be happier with a partner.  We have had many amazing experiences, shared beautiful moments, and laughed a lot.  these are all thing i want and need in life. 

just a quick story time, before you get into the music....
A and I met at memory lanes.  It was a Friday night, my band had a show, and at the time we were both smokers.  It was a cold January night, and I was out in the smoking area prior to our set.  Out walks A with a dude i *sort of* knew, but by sort of I mean not really at all.  But when I saw her, I had this overwhelming feeling that I knew her, or was suppose to know her, so I started to talk to her.  Little did I know I left an impression on A.  Within a week I had a message from her in my inbox.  After meeting, she searched myspace for my band, and found me too.  After a few (hundred) emails back and forth, we set up our first date, and we haven't turned back since. 

babe, I hope you like this mix.  others, I hope you like it too.  It's some *classic* love-type songs, along with a few favorites of our.  So enjoy! love is in the air

1. Then he (she) kissed me-the Crystals.  I love this song.  and on our second date, A straight up grabbed me and kissed me, like as soon as I walked in the bar we were meeting at.  So I can't help but think of this song when I think of her.

2. Crazy in Love-Beyonce.  I am crazy in love....need I say more?

3. I wanna hold your hand-the Beatles.  There are many many many Beatles songs about love to chose from. But for me, this song is so damn cute and innocent, i had to pick it.
4. Stand by me-Ben E. King. When I was young, there was an episode of  the wonder years in which Kevin and Winnie hold hands for the first time (i think in some woods near their house?) and Kevin give Winnie his letter jacket....man, that's some good stuff (and this song was playing when it all went down...)

5. Spit on a Stranger-Pavement.   "honey I'm a prize and your a catch and we're a perfect match"  i feel this is an accurate description of the two of us.
6. Sweet Thing-Van Morrison. I consider this to be one of "our" songs.
7. Natural woman-Aretha Franklin.  all Aretha is saying here, that's how I feel a lot of the time (thanks to my special lady)
8. Ain't no Mountain High Enough-Marvin and Tammi.  sometimes, while this may sound WAYYY cheeseball, old Motown songs are just so damn good/true.
9. PYT-Michael Jackson.  another one of "our" songs.  maybe we just *love* dancing to it in our living room.
10. You Send Me-Sam Cooke.  again with the cheeseball comment-Motown knows how to say it.
11. My Girl-The Temptations.  A-you're my girl.  on the real!


12.Let's get it on-Marvin Gaye.  At the same bar (red dragon) that A first kissed me, we later had a mini make out session just as "let's get it on" started to play on the jukebox.  Ahhhh the memories :)

13. Real Love-Mary J Blige.  So this is only a remix, because I can't find anything else.  But,. between M. Doughty and Mary j., this song is amazing.  Seeing it live this past summer really moved me.

14. Electric Feel-MGMT.  our ultimate song.  When A and I were stalking each other and cuckoo nutsy in love (at first sight) this was the song on A's myspace profile page.  every time I went to look at her pictures (which was like 10,000 times a day) this song would come on and put me in the BEST mood.  And the day after our first date, I actually had tix to see Yeasayer and MGMT at the entry.  when they played this song live, my heart almost exploded with happiness.

15. Maybe I'm Amazed-Paul McCartney.  one of the best songs ever. 

so, I hope my love mix wasn't too silly for you.  I hope you can appreciate what love can do to someone.  And more than anything, thanks for 3 amazing years, baby.

1 comment:

  1. Babe, I am rockin out to Beyonce! Thanks for this mix...And thank YOU for three years of love and bliss and laughter. I am the luckiest girl in the world. Love, A

    ReplyDelete