Monday, February 14, 2011

TC Bike Swap

Hey folks.  To break up the sale a bit, I hit up the TC Bike swap in Blaine yesterday.  It was fun, but not as cool as the last couple of years, but maybe that's just me.  What I DID find was this great little (not too little...) tool pouch made by local guy James and his company Beard.  Ill get to that in a second.

So I walked around, by myself for about an hour-made a few laps, and left with this, a water bottle cage and a pair of socks.  But all in all, I'm way happy about the tool pouch. 

As you can see here, the pouch fits all the tools I need/bring with me.

 So here is what I keep in my tool pouch in the winter time.  extra tube (I have some extra pieces of old tube as, just in case I need to attach anything to myself or my bike) rag, chain tool, multi tool, extra chain links, crank bolt wrench (I know....this may be a weird one to carry around.  But here is a little story for you.  I just happened to have this in my bag the day of Stupor Bowl.  After the race and the festivities, I headed to Dinkytown to hear some great music (Calamity and the Owl.....AMAZING) and such.  Around bar close I went out to my bike, unlocked and started on my way.  Within 3 pedal strokes, I could tell something was way wrong.  I pulled over, checked out the situation, and some dbag tried to steal my crank arms!  now, A. I was parked RIGHT IN FRONT of Kitty Cat Klub-what a gutsy fucker.  Also, my cranks are shitty.  it is my winter bike-really....you want them?  lastly, the non drive side crank arm was *almost* off.  I wonder who scared them/why they didn't finish the job?  And I thank who/whatever got in their way.  That's why I have this guy with me-for asshats like that) patch kit, mini pump and 15mm. 
This multi tool is rad.  except for the chain tool that I broke, all tools work great.  And honestly, these are the tire levers I use and I have never had an issue with them.
So that's that.  Swap was fun, tool pouch is great (check out BEARD for more products) and I'm happy to be riding in positive temps again :)
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment