Monday, January 3, 2011

Best of 2010

 2010 RECAP!
This year was a decent year, although both A and I dealt with a lot-loss of loved ones, reality about parents and growing up, accepting that being together for 3 years doesn't mean things need to get boring, but most importantly, we came out on top. 2010 was kind of tough, and will be known to me as the year I realized I'm pretty much an adult( or pretty close to getting there....)

So here are just a bunch of photos from this year and some fun events/memories I have.  But let's get real- 2011 is already looking to be a good year (potentially better than 2010?!?)

Here we go.....
 I got a new Tattoo (and then I got it colored in)
 A and I had a blast at Pride/ the Dyke march just before a tornado came thru.
 One of my Favorites from San Francisco
 Started riding my road bike a lot....even did a mini camping trip on it
 FINALLY walked the Brooklyn Bridge with Ellen during my NYC visit
 saw SO MUCH MUSIC! (locals include: Caroline Smith, New Century Masters, the Union Suits, Lucy Michelle , Cadillac Kolstad, among others.)
 Road trips! (and dance parties) to Traverse City, MKE, Chicago, Wis Dells)
 MN state fair, and my favorite: Hotdish on a stick!!!
Commitments (Congrats Brittany and Joel)
 and Weddings (congrats Jamie and Hannibal....and oh yes, BABY ZORA!)
 May Day Parade, and Pride Parade (more reasons to love mpls)
 Muirwoods on Vaca to San Fran-both A and I agreed it was our favorite part of the trip
 visiting family and friends
 And old friends I rarely get to see that all come together in one town (CHI)
 or another (NYC!)
 more shows (national acts include but are not limited to: Thao and Mirah, Local Natives, Girl Talk, real estate, tegan and sara, taken by trees, woods, sarah mclachlan, Mary J. Blige, la Roux, japandroids, julian casablancas, and HEART!)
"the Maitlands" (you know...geena davis and alec baldwin in beetlejuice?) for halloween
 beautiful scenery
 from above
 played more polo (but not enough polo!!!)
 tons of pug fun
 many bike races, including stupor bowl, all-city, riverwest24, and babes in bikeland
 the pugs and their favorite buddy, Ike
drank lots of beer (and took a brewery tour :) )

 Spent relaxing time at a cabin, and on my couch. 
And finally, another year of being Santa's little helper!

So friends, here's to 2010.  Thank goodness it's over!  or better yet, Hooray for 2011!!!WE MADE IT!!!

2 comments: