Thursday, December 30, 2010

morning vinyl

 Good morning.  Currently it is raining in Minneapolis, so our 2 1/2 feet of beautiful white snow is compacting to 1 1/2 feet of whitish black slush.  While it is great that it is raining, and getting rid of some of the snow, when the temps drop, we will have a city of ice to deal with.  which is no fun.

But that is not what I'm talking about here today.  Instead, let me switch gears to vinyl.  For Christmas, my Dad and step mom got me (and Amanda...) and new receiver.  Our old one was from my Grandpa's back room, and probably bought in the late 70's.  it was in rough shape.  So I asked for a new receiver for Christmas in the hope of listening to more vinyl.  And already, that has happened.  Ive been listening to any album that I haven't listened to in a while, or ever.  And Ive been going to the local shop near my house (Hymie's....more on that place on another day) to buy albums I enjoy, or are interested in.  This morning I rocked a little traffic (who doesn't love Steve Winwood...) And of course, ARETHA! (this is the album I bought A for Christmas and it is wonderful.)
 Below are pictures from Hymie's.  They have a really great jazz, rock, classical, and even old school pop. 
 When I have a little more time, and a camera that isn't my cell phone, I will do a little review on Hymie's.

Happy Thursday, Y'all!

1 comment:

  1. crazy, i just read this! glad we made it there on sunday. :) let's have a record party soon.

    ReplyDelete