Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sick of Being Sick!

 Hi Friends.  Happy Thursday.  GUESS WHAT?  This is my 100th post.  exciting, hey? I think that's pretty cool.  I can't believe it has almost been a year since I started this thing.

anyway.....I've been sick.  REAL sick.  like in bed for 3 days straight, sinuses out of control, can't stop coughing, raw nose kinda sick.  I even used 2 days of PTO and missed work.  Now THAT means it is serious. 

Luckily, I have a wonderful lady friend who takes care of me and buys me cough drops....
 and Kleenex.....
 and makes sure I'm using my Neti Pot.
Anyhow, being sick for a few days, there is only so much you can sleep.  So I caught up on movies and TV.  I saw the Social Network.  good story, not anywhere CLOSE to the best movie this year.  I mean, yes, it was a nice story and thanks for the history.  But nothing too special about this one (at least not for me.)

Inception, on the other hand, WAS AWESOME!  I loved it.  And I want to own it.  When sick, I often take night time meds which help me sleep, even when I'm coughing.  These meds also make my dreams unbelievably vivid.  So after lots of intense (awesome) dreams, I watched a movie about intense and awesome dreams.

In America came out years ago.  I always wanted to see it.  Little did I know/realize that A owns it.  So I finally saw it and know why we own it.  just what I needed.

 I also spent about 4 hours SUCKED into A&E watching Intervention. This show makes you feel both bad and good at the same time.  Like I'm so glad I'm not a junky.  But yikes, that looks like a rough life, you know?
Criminal Minds is like my new(ish) favorite show.  A and I stumbled upon this show during the fall and have been WAY into it ever since.I love it. 

And ever since we found the Wonder Years/Family Ties/Doogie Howser channel, we have been enjoying childhood flashbacks. 

So that is what I have been up to.  What do you do when you are sick, besides eat too much soup and yell at your dogs to stop barking at people walking by? 

3 comments:

  1. feel better! i hate to say it, but it sounds a little glorious what you're doing...that is exactly what i do when i'm sick! or at least what i want to do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH, In America. so freaking good. i loved Inception too. if you feel like crying, go see Blue Valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you getting better now? Pei Pa Koa (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) is one of the few Chinese natural cough remedies that have been scientifically studied. it's something like herb plus honey, and it's sweet, thick and black in color. If you have a cough, look for it! It used to be one of my favourite natural cough remedies.

    if your cough persists, seek professional help such as traditional Chinese medicine physicians - I have had very good experiences with them.

    ReplyDelete