Tuesday, May 10, 2011

winner winner

 CHICKEN DINNER!


A and I took a look at a few apartments yesterday.  One of them was pretty cool, near powderhorn, but not in the best spot.  Then we drove by a place we we suppose to look at tomorrow.  It is a tiny cabin house with one bedroom in Corcoran, but we couldn't get a hold of the landlord to actually check it out.  Both of these places had fenced in yards, which is something that A and I really would love. Finally we headed to Bancroft to look at a side by side right across from a big park.  It is a one bedroom, very nice and "grown up" feeling.  And the yard is RAD.  but no fence.  
After the search, we went home and I made us a killer dinner.
We had panko crusted chicken, roasted asparagus, and baked red potatoes.  So so good.

So I thought I'd share the recipe (which is only *kind of a recipe*)
We had 2 lemon pepper marinated chicken breasts, so I cut them into smaller "tender" sized piece.  Meanwhile, I threw the red potatoes into the oven (you know-after poking a few holes in them with a fork)  at 350.

I washed and broke off the yuck end of the asparagus, and put them in a little bread tin with some olive oil, salt and garlic pepper. 

I had a bowl of wheat flour with a dash of s and p, a bowl of beaten egg and a bit of milk, and lastly a bowl of Italian panko (you can use plain and season yourself, this is just what we had around). I did the breading process (flour, egg, panko) and put each piece onto a cookie sheet with non-stick spray on it. 

After about 20 minutes of the potato having some alone time in the oven, I added the asparagus and chicken .  15 minutes later, WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!



It was pretty delicious. 

And on a side note, the landlord from the house on the park really liked us and pretty much did all the cool stuff a landlord can do (lower rent, be flexible with move in time, give us extra storage room in the basement) to get us to pick his place.....and we did.  hoooray!

2 comments: