Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A list


photo
Hey team.  So I saw this cool month long list idea and was inspired to try it myself.  Unfortunately, I got it from a source that I'm not thrilled about, but I like the idea.  So here goes my 30 day music list, starting with day 1, Favorite song.

Day 1: Favorite song
This was really hard for me.  My all time absolute favorite song.  I have A LOT of songs I truly love.  A LOT! I went back and forth about several songs, but I kept coming back to the same 2 songs.  And while I know it is suppose to be favorite *song*, I've got 2 here that are great for totally different reasons

Steely Dan
  My first pick is the song Reeling in the Years by Steely Dan.  Not only does this song instantly bring back to being young, it puts a smile on my face.  And really, it is a great song, no?  I know, it isn't some deep cut, or obscure whatever, but maybe that's why I love it so much? I dunno. 

My second pick is another classic.  And it holds a very special spot in my heart for many reasons.  Again, this song reminds me of my youth and growing up and road trips and best friends and a lot of other really good things.  My other ultimate favorite song is America by Simon & Garfunkel. 

(a very close 3rd place goes to Lisztomania by Phoenix.  I know this is a newer song, but hot damn, it gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it!)
What is your ultimate favorite song?

3 comments:

  1. how can you just pick one? seriously! kathy's song by simon & garfunkel and for baby by john denver, i think, are my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has taken me 2 weeks to decide my favorite TWO songs. not an easy task. but i think both of your picks are pretty great songs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. America and Under Pressure are 2 of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete