Monday, May 9, 2011

The list (#4)

here
Hey All! The sun is trying to break through the clouds right now, which makes me smile. It was cloudy/rainy/thunder storming all morning.  I happen to love rain and storms, but not everyone is on board with that. This is the opposite of what we are talking about today. 

Today, let's take a look at #4 on the music list: a song that makes you feel SAD

You will probably hear me say "this is a hard one" on all of the questions, but that is because of the beauty that is music.  SO MUCH MUSIC evokes different emotions and sometimes it is hard to disconnect a song with an emotion.

While I was thinking of what song to post as my song that makes me feel sad, I thought about what it is to be sad.  Sure, a lot of songs bring me to tears, or get me emotional, but not all of those make me feel down right SAD.  So I reached deep down into my soul and thought about a song that really just breaks me up inside. 

My pick may seem silly to you, and I'm guessing when you hear the song I picked, you probably won't get super sad.  Maybe that is why this is such a cool project-what makes me feel sad may not make you feel sad, and vice versa.  This cheese ball 80's tune just breaks me up.  I can remember hearing this song live with my mom and crying!  And part of the reason why this song makes me feel so so sad, is because I picture just how much it affects my mom.  Not to get into my past too much, but my parents split up when I was in middle school. It wasn't my mom choice, and was hard for her. I'm not sure if I actually experienced my mom getting sad over this song, or if I made the connection on my own, but on the real, this shit makes me feel SAD!

So here it is, #4-a song that makes me sad: The heart of the Matter by Don Henley.
 seriously folks, I can't even listen to it.  it makes me choke up and get all teary-eyed.
And you?  what is a song that makes you feel sad?

No comments:

Post a Comment