Thursday, May 26, 2011

CALAMITY!!!

 Hey friends.  Happy Friday Junior!!! I'm so happy.  I have tomorrow off of work, and i am THRILLED! While I look forward to sleeping in, I also have to get all my school stuff in order.  I start my crap online classes on Tuesday and 2 weeks after that comes the real stuff.  But Saint Paul College (the shit classes I need to take for my prereq for grad school) is kinda shitty.  They don't tell you anything.  I have no idea where to find my syllabus, or any information at all, really.  But that is what tomorrow is for.  In my experience, online classes are kinda a joke, anyways.  What I really can't wait for is a little bit of happy time with one of my besties (Brit) who is coming up from Chicago to visit us this weekend.  We plan on enjoying some Friday afternoon patio happy hour.  Can't wait.

moving on to what I'd like to share with you today...

I've had the pleasure of getting to know a couple of brother's and their band (well, I don't actually know the band....just the brother's who front the band- Josh and Jared) Calamity and the Owl.
 These guys play a lot of shows with Southside Hustles brother band (did you know that most of my band is in another band called The Union Suits? well, they are, and that band is Rad.  More on them later.) Their style is super unique-that of gospel/shape-note-ish old timey goodness. 
 The majority of my experiences seeing them has been just Josh and Jared and now Zach.  These boys really know how to harmonize.  and when you throw in the fiddle, bass and awesome percussion (including chains....yeah, I know. RAD!)  they are just an excellent group of musicians.  And I love them.
I suggest you all check them out on their FB page (Calamity and the Owl)
And Also, here is their Album :The Hot Trash Sessions

And the best news?  They are playing TONIGHT at the kitty cat klub so you should check them out!!!
(ps, all pictures were taken from their FB page....thanks guys!)

No comments:

Post a Comment