Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The List #7

from here
HEYO!  So today we have our staff BBQ, which I am in charge of.  Let me tell you that this is one of my favorite parts of my job.  I get to organize an appreciate lunch for the staff I supervise, plus I get to grill and hang out outside for a bit.  Super fun.  Anyhow, with me leaving my job and all, this is the last DT appreciation lunch I am going to be involved in.  It is bittersweet, really.  6 years is a long time to be at a job. Or at least for someone who is 27.

ANYHOW, let's move forward here.  Today let's talk about #7 on the list A song that reminds you of an event.  And again....which event to look at.  I decided that I would pick a fun one (duh) that always makes me smile.

Back in 2004/2005, I was a Senior at the U.  For NYE, my bestie, Andy, came to visit.  We decided we would "party hop" with our friend, Justin.  Andy and I were pretty excited for the event and had some great party favors on hand.  However when we arrived at the first party, we were surrounded by people in fancy clothes, sipping wine, with no music playing.  NO MUSIC?! WTF?  we were both a little thrown, but still thought it could be okay.  That's when some dude started talking to me about the stock exchange and where to put my money. HA, as if I had money.  Anyhow, Andy and I quickly realized (and started feeling other things) that we needed to go.

Thank goodness my friends Hannibal and Roach showed up on their way to another party.  They sort of saved us, and we left with them to go to a different kind of party.  We arrived to a college looking duplex, with music blaring from the second floor and people all over.  This was my kind of NYE.  When we arrived, it was already 1130.  After meeting the host, who's birthday it was (this was the first time I met miss Jen, soon to be wifey of my good friend Matty) we looked around and decided that THIS was the place to be. 

Anyhow, when the actual new year was 30 seconds away, someone started the song Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand   somehow, when the songs breaks it down to go into the second half of the song, the beats of the music hit right on the 10 second count down.  When the clock struck midnight, the song switched over and it was like the new years REALLY was starting.  Champagne was being sprayed everywhere, everyone was jumping up and down and in general, things were getting crazy (in a beautiful way!) 

Nowadays when I hear that song, I ALWAYS think about the NYE party.  Please enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment