Thursday, May 5, 2011

The list


source
Heyo pals! here is the second questions to the list of songs.   Today we are talking about our all time LEAST favorite song.  And again, I have a list to choose from.  Sadly, there is TONS of shit music out there.  And to make this task easier, I decided to ignore bad songs that *most* people think are bad (ie: summer girls,  anything by the black eyed peas, the graduation song, or that damn Friday song, )  Of course there are tons of songs that NO ONE wants to hear again, EVER. (the macarena,with arms wide open, etc. ) 

So instead of filling this thing full of songs that you all think are terrible, too (or at least I hope you find my examples piss poor songs) I'm going to note a song  I can not stand to listen to. 

So here it is, my ultimate number one LEAST favorite song (yes, you guessed it, Sara...)
Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton.  God damn do I HATE this song.  As long as I can remember I have hated this song.  And then I learned the history behind it (Eric Clapton, while an amazing musician, was a real douche back in the 60's/70's, in my opinion.  wife stealer, alcoholic producer, and generally speaking, a big jerk) and it made me dislike the song even more (if you aren't aware of what I am talking about here, just ask.  I don't feel like explaining in 2 sentences what makes Clapton's history ridiculous.) 

Now, I struggled here.  While I hate the shit out of this song, I'm not sure if Ishould I post it so you all can hear it.  i went back and forth and felt it only fair to allow you to listen, even if I never want to hear this again. EVER.
I know you expected me to say Brown-Eyed girl as well, but if I'm just picking one song, there is no room for that here.  Besides, I'm by NO MEANS saying I enjoy brown-eyed girl, but if it comes on, I no longer feel the need to plug my ears with disgust.  I guess that's part of maturing ;)

And you?  LEAST favorite song?

7 comments:

  1. hehe, i totally thought it was going to be brown eyed girl. :) or american pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. would you hate me if i said "reeling in the years"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not hate you. Not at all! You are just missing out on a great tune ;) it's okay though-we all have different tastes in music. I was thinking about a comment Nora said about Mumford and sons the other day-how she is way into them. I myself don't care for those guys at all and think they are nothing special, but I still like Nora :) And really, Maybe I just love Steely Dan so much because I grew up on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is a whole era of music from the 70s/80s that i hate because i heard it all the time growing up(cue sailing by christopher cross). i think steely dan is in that mix. it's funny how memories can make or break music for people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed. I mean times 100. There are so. many. songs that bring me back (both good and bad) and my enjoyment/hatred to the music has almost nothing to do with the actual music, but rather the memories connected to the songs. That is why music is SO amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been trying all day to think of a hated song. what about 'runaway train,' hate that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man-runaway train. I , too, HATE that song. good call, S!

    ReplyDelete