Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rock the BEAT!

 Thank you nature for making Minneapolis real nice today.  Sadly, I don't think it will last too long.  but being that it is MARCH 1st!!! Spring is just around the corner, right?  I like to keep in mind the whole "in like a Lion, out like a Lamb" thing.  That is how I keep the positive stuff flowing inside of me. 

Anyhow, today I'd like to chat about my band.  I think the last time I really talked about this subject was back when we were trying to come up with a good name.  And that has been settled for months now. Southside Hustle (obviously this is the band name we decided on) recently got a new practice space.  Up until about November we had been playing in Jac's basement/bedroom.  While it was certainly homie and nice, it was a pain in the ass for the roommates (and the likes) to have us playing loud music all the time.   So we finally found a new space we could call our own. 

 Our space (I like to call it "the fort") is located in St. Paul-midway area.  Keep in mind I do not travel to St Paul more than I need to, and really, I think this is the main/only reason I go to that side of the river. But in real time, it is only a few minutes from my house.

 Last night at practice I snapped a few photos of the space and the dudes setting up (hard to take photos of the band playing when I'm playing the drum set...)


 More often than not, when you play in a band, you drink a lot of beer.  the two just go hand in hand.  Jac brought this awesome Milk Stout last night.  It was delicious!
 It had been about a month since the whole crew has practiced (due to injury, travel, new jobs and probably some other stuff) so it felt really good to play.  We don't have any shows lined up, but we recorded back in November (just drum tracks) and are hoping to make something out of that.
 We are also trying to get some new songs written, which doesn't always happen on the quick.  But fear not, we will be back, and you will be able to check us out on a stage near you (if you live in Mpls) hopefully around April or May.



Until then, you can friend us on Facebook and maybe even listen to a tune or two.  Happy Tuesday, friends.

1 comment:

  1. excited to see you guys play again when you have a date!

    ReplyDelete