Friday, March 11, 2011

Night Rides

Last night I had the pleasure of taking a nice nigth ride with my good buddy, Alex (or Al, or APVDH....whatever you'd prefer.)  Al and I have a lot of similar loves; Bicycles, the Green Bay Packers, Rock Music, and friends (and of course other things-like Wisconsin, Beer, Cheese, Green...etc). Whenever we are both free, we try to get together and enjoy one of the things we love to do [together].

Last night I headed over to Al's around 6:30 to catch the very end of the day light and do a quick (ish) 8 mile ride.  We just did a loop from his place (on Larpenteur, near the U) to Energy park drive, past the Saints stadium and this HUGE snow pile, to Lexington.  At Lexington we went north, up and through Como park to Hamline, and then zigzagged through the neighborhood up to Roselawn and back to Al's place.  we spent about 45 minutes or an our riding around and had a pretty nice time. 
The air was really nice last night.  Not too cool, very little wind, and in general, a clear sky.
Also, I took those goggles off after about 5 minutes of riding.  it was just too nice outside!
We stopped at the Saint Stadium to take come photos.  But being me, I forgot to upload them.....
After our ride we decided we better watch the highlight film from our beloved World Champions, the Green Bay Packers.  Al just picked up this awesome highlights video.  We got to the playoffs and I decided I better head home.  But believe you me, We will be watching the rest soon!
Also, Al has a stand in his garage, so when we started the video, we wrenched a bit....but then it got cold in the garage, so we headed inside to watch more Packers.
All in all I had a great time, as usual, hanging with my buddy.  I suspect we will be doing A LOT of riding together this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment