Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vacations all I ever wanted!


Good Afternoon!
As I sit here in my empty office, worried that any minute another staff will walk in and ask "how come I'm cleaning up dirty play doh and kid piss and you are writing a blog" (in which case I'd answer "I am trying to obtain VALUABLE DATA in regards to the perfect Orlando experience) I ask all of you to give me your two cents here.


Vacations are sort of what I live for. There is this excitement of buying a plane ticket that you can't get from just anything. I even like vacations to hotels in the same city I live in, just for the break away from MY living room and MY TV. And Amanda and I have a great vacation coming up.

WE ARE GOING TO ORLANDO!!!! It has been years since have been there. Actually, the last time I was in Orlando, I was in 3rd grade and with my parents and my brother. One of the last great family vacations before my folks split up.....but enough of the old memories. This vacation is actually a trip to go visit A's best friend, who has been living and working in the great city of Orlando for about a year. We've visited this friend before, back when she lived in Kansas City. And while Kansas City is no Orlando, we had a damn good time.This time, we have more than just a weekend. We have 5 whole days in the sunshine state. The real question here is what do we do with our time there? Of course we will visit the beach (at least once ) and go out to dinner and such. But in a city that has the big Disney stamp all over it, what theme park should we go to?
When i was a kid, my parents went all out. we hit up the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Universal Studios and even Medieval Times (I was a big history dork even back then). I remember loving all of these places. Now that I'm almost 20 years older I wonder, what would be the best fit for my lady and I?


Magic Kingdom has Pirates, Swiss Family Robinson, the Haunted Mansion and so much more. Universals got King Kong and Back to the Future (and obviously A LOT more) and Epcot, well who doesn't want to visit *every country* without having to go too far. And of course, there is SEA WORLD!!!(this is the place Amanda wants to go, even if an Orca whale just took someone down there (I DO NOT BLAME THE WHALE....there is a reason why the word "killer" is part of its title).
Here is where you all chime in. what would you suggest for two ladies in their late 20's looking for some magic and happiness on their vacation? feel free to let me know! (side note: these parks are way more expensive than I thought....I don't know what my parents were thinking)

1 comment:

  1. i say sea world or go old school and do magic kingdom. :)

    ReplyDelete