Monday, April 12, 2010

RIP Dixie Carter

Sad News today. Julia Sugarbaker A.K.A Dixie Carter passed away over the weekend. I don't know about you, but I loved the shit out of Designing Women when I was a kid. This show taught me all about Southern Ladies and woman power (with the help of a black (gay?) man-maid, Anthony.) People like Delta Burke and Dixie Carter also made me wonder what I was missing with friends named Sara and Andrea and Becky. I knew no one with a name like *Dixie*. Anyhow, here is an article and a few photos. Thanks for all you did, Dixie.



http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/obit/2010-04-10-dixie-carter-obit_N.htm



I loved that big old house that they worked in (lived in too?) See, when I watched this show, it was in a line up with the Golden Girls followed by Unsolved Mysteries. Between Estelle Getty and Robert Stack stood a huge house of goodness. I didnt always understand the story lines, but Delta Burke made me laugh pretty hard. And I wonder, where is she now? feel free to let me know, if you have any ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment