Thursday, April 21, 2011

Yesterdays adventures

 Have you ever seen Howard the Duck?  I watched it as a kid and remember thinking it was for a more grown up audience than my 6 year old self. After watching it last night for the first time in 20 years, I'm not sure what to say.  Pretty ridiculous. Let me give you a back story as to why I was watching Howard the Duck
Last night was Movie night.  For the particular date, we were going to watch something a bit more festive (ie: half baked, Friday, cheech and chong, you know)  but when no one could decide on their favorite stoner movie, we went for this oddball 80's goodness.  And man, was it worth it.  I'll promise you this, it takes an even weirder twist about halfway through the movie, so stick with it. I suggest you all give it a watch (for a good....no no, great laugh).  It is beyond 80's silliness.  It is George Lucas pretty much bombing with an "alien" flick. But nonetheless, it made me laugh harder than I have in a long time.
Howard the Duck!
I hope you all enjoyed your April 20th adventures.  I did.  clearly.

2 comments:

  1. oh i love it...i might have to get this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have some really weird memories of this movie. it falls under the "Return to Oz" type movies that i liked and simultaneously was really scared of.

    ReplyDelete