Monday, April 4, 2011

Water Street Inn

Hello! Three posts in one day! craziness.  I guess my weekend was just that fun.  Anyhow, I want to just show/tell a little about this amazing Inn that we stayed in (by Inn, I mean rad old hotel right on the river, which supposedly housed more than one ghost.)
We arrived at The Water Street Inn for our 4pm check in and already I was feeling pretty good.  The guy that booked the room for us (AJ) was super nice and it turned out he was working when we checked in.  He ended up being the nicest guy and willing to humor us (a little) about the ghosts.

 We were put in a room on the second floor-each room had a name on it, so I kept talking to our room, referring to it as "Edward" or Eddie....kinda hoping to make the ghosty in the mood to fuck with me. 

 The room was AMAZING!  when you entered, there was a hallway that hooked left, to another hallway that had the HUGE bathroom off of it, and then there was the actual bedroom.  Which had 2 big windows, an old porch from 1895, and a gorgeous bed. 
 The complimentary wine wasn't comp at all, rather it was $28.  We walked to the booze store instead. 
 The electric fireplace was a great touch, especially for A, who is often cold.
 And while we though there would be no TV (thus we brough our macbook and some dvd's) we actually had full cable, and started the night by watching Sex in the City 2 (yes, it is as bad as you predicted.)
 The bathroom was very spacious and had a giant whirlpool/shower with 2 shower heads.
 And green-arched ceilings! so pretty.
 Oh yeah, the whirlpool was shaped like aheart :)

 Doesnt this bed look amazing.  The pillows were super fancy.  and the giant down comforter was also great.  I wish this was my bed.  It was amazing. 
All in all, A and I had a great time.  Even after I tried to "reach the spirits" several times, I had no such luck and was not visited by any ghosts,.  But, there was live Irish music being played in the bar all night, which was a lot of fun to listened to....even if I was by myself because A fell asleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment