Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tostada Tuesday


Hey Team.  Happy Wednesday.  I'll keep today somewhat quick.  Last night A and I had an awesome tostada spread.
First, I cooked/shredded some chicken and seasoned it with garlic, cumin, a little chili powder, salt, pepper and a splash of "taco spice" that we have in our spice rack.  Next up, I cooked up some leftover rice, added salsa, chicken stock, and a few other herbs.  Next, I turned on the broiler.  I learned this trick on a food blog.  Instead of frying your tortillas, just broil them and they get super crunchy-like.
I diced some zucchini and green onion and grabbed some frozen corn and roasted it in a pan with olive oil.  Also added were some pinto beans that I heated up. 
We diced tomatoes, green onion, cilantro, avocado, and lettuce and also pulled out some sour cream (because A LOVES sour cream) and shredded cheese (2 types-pepper jack and cheddar)
Holy cow, it was DELICIOUS!!!! seriously.  A made a taco salad out of hers (eventually) and I just straight up had a tostada.  so so good.

I have been enjoying trying to cook new stuff.  I know the flavors I like, but I sometimes forget to mix it up and try something new.  I love the shit out of crunchy tacos, so that is where this basic idea came from.  You guys have any great recipes/ideas you want to share?

2 comments:

  1. delish! i want to come to your house for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do LOVE sour cream!! This was an amazing meal, babe! You're the best! I would eat only spaghettios if it wasn't for you! xo

    ReplyDelete