Wednesday, June 8, 2011

SundayFunday

 A and I had a fabulous Sunday.  We started the day off by riding to the Kingfield Farmer's market (which was somewhat of a bust, because there isn't a lot of produce yet, but we shared an awesome falafal sammie.  Next, we hit up a little dive bar across the street for a beer or two.


After our drinks, we rode back home, packed a mini bag of stuff and headed to hidden falls park to meet up with Meghan and Lauren and Obey (Lauren's awesome dog.)  We laid in the grass for a while, and eventually headed to the river to let Obey swim


 It was so beautiful in there.  I had never been to this park (i know I know, lame) so it was extra exciting for me.


 The water was really high and moving VERY quickly.  But Obey loved jumping in the water after sticks.






 After Hidden Falls Park, we went over to SeaSalt for some happiness from the Sea.  and pitchers of Surly. 
 We got calamari, Lauren got a strawberry walnut salad, and Meghan and John split crab cakes and a shrimp po' boy.  ALL of it was amazing.  A and I were planning on Spaghetti for dinner, so we kept it light-kinda like an afternoon snack :)


 And when we got home, I started some homemade sauce.  After a few hours of stewing, it turned out great with my homemade, two-meat meatballs.  And a side of garlic toast and broc.  My kinda dinner!

Happiness really is summer in Minneapolis!

1 comment:

  1. i love sea salt!!! yum. looks like a really fun day. and now i want spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete