Thursday, June 9, 2011

The List #11


source
 Hey all.  Let's jump right o it.  #11 on the list is  A song by a your favorite band.  Today I'm going to pick a song by one of my favorite bands, MODEST MOUSE.

I first heard Modest Mouse when I was in college.  It was the summer before my Senior year, and I was a custodian at Middlebrook Hall on the U of M campus.  It was that summer that I met one of my dear friends, Ellen.  early in the summer we got into a discussion about awesome bands, and I was all hot on Radiohead at the time (I still think they are Rad.)  Ellen challenged that Modest Mouse trump Radiohead.  I laughed in her face.  Then she made me copies of Moon and Antarctica and Lonesome Crowded West and my life was changed.  These are some of my ultimate favorite albums ever, and still when I listen to them, I am thrown back to that amazing summer.


Today, We listen to We've got Everything         

No comments:

Post a Comment