Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Riding the Grand Rounds

Happy Wednesday Guys!!! I have been sick all week, but now I'm BACK! This past weekend myself, Jon Z, Sanj, Jac, Kat, Laura and Jaimie took a nice Saturday afternoon ride around the grand rounds. The entire Grand Rounds (well, Jac, Jon, Sanj and I did the whole thing...)

We had a blast. the weather was great-a nice cool nip when you stopped, but perfect while riding.


We started on the Greenway, and headed to the river. West River Road to Stone Arch, through Dinkytown to Diagonal trail, then up Stinson to St Anthony Parkway through Columbia Heights golf course and to the river.

At the river we stopped for a snack and such. Laura made homemade bread and the ladies brought PB and J for sammies. It was an awesome pit stop.


Then we crossed over the river to Camden and headed through North Mpls to Victory Memorial parkway, which connects with Theo Wirth, which connects to the lakes, and then over to Minnehaha trail all the way over to Minnehaha Falls. There we stopped at Sea Salt, had a few pitchers and po boys/fish tacos. It was a great way to end the ride. And then when we were all stuffed, we headed back to W. river road and I cut off on 38th and went back home.
Overall it was about 31 miles or so. Like I said, the weather was great, the company was great (I haven't seen Jaimie in months and was WAY excited to see her!)





I love Minneapolis!

1 comment: