Tuesday, October 26, 2010

looking back...

Happy 13 days of Halloween!  I love this time of year.  I love the fall air starting to get a little cooler.  I love that all TV turns towards the creepy and strange (including all new episodes of Celebrity Ghost Stories, which happens to be one of my favorite shows...it's on Biography-check it out)  And I especially love coming up with a Halloween costume. 

In the past I have thought of ideas for costumes in advance.  Like way advance.  This year, however A and I struggled to come up with something.  We thought about Sonny and Cher, JFK and Jackie O, but neither of those seemed to fit.  Then I came up with a killer idea (that you all will just have to wait for.)  We watched the movie that these characters come from over the weekend and now I am way stoked!  I just need to find fake glasses.

When I was a kid, my favorite costumes that I did were a pirate and Punky Brewster.  I loved both of those costumes a lot. When I got older, I continued the great costume theme.  I wish I have pictures of all of these, but I was blue man group with a few buddies, I was a live strong band, Beetle Juice (best costume I have ever had!) Burt the chimney sweep (from Mary Poppins) a civil war zombie, Pauly Bleaker (Juno) and last year I was Max (from where the wild things are.)  There are a few pictures below.  I'm hoping to find more....

Also, I love carving pumpkins.  My dad always carved a kick ass pumpkin and it inspired me to try to do cool ones myself.  I never mastered the art of it, however, so my work was never that amazing.  But I still love seeing pumpkins that are just super creepy, or well done in general!
see below!





And as I promised, my "Max" costume, and A and I as Juno and Pauly Bleaker. and the ultimate, Beetlejuice! Enjoy Friends.



Also, what are you all doing for Halloween? How about seeing your favorite mpls rock band (SOUTHSIDE HUSTLE) at a Halloween house party?  if you are interested, let me know.  It will be a fun time for everyone, including music and dance party. 






cheers!

5 comments:

  1. i'm pumped for halloween! i still have to make ikey's brilliant waiter costume.

    ReplyDelete