Thursday, September 2, 2010

BACK...FINALLY

Hey All. So I've been out of the loop for the last few weeks. I'm not going to rehash all the whys in regards to me being gone. The five of you who read this are aware that my stepfather (Steve) passed away a week or so ago. It was an emotional few weeks, filled with family and tears and lasagna and sammies. Thank goodness my Mom has some really great friends (and my family is amazing too.)
(to the right is a photo of Steve and I from my Grandmothers 70th birthday party a few summers ago)

Anyhow, I may spend some time at some point talking a little more about Steve, because I miss the guy. Those of you who knew/met him-well you are lucky people. He was a good person. But I won't get into all of that right now.

Instead, I'm just going to throw a few pictures from the last few weeks, and a music video and then I'll be back tomorrow (maybe) for a mix. I haven't made a mix in a few weeks, but have been so distracted, I don't know exactly what this mix will be about.
SO, enjoy some photos, and you will hear from em again soon.
xo,
Cayla
(with this video-scroll down a bit and watch the video for the song ON DIRECTING. this song blows my mind every time, as do T&S, and their hotness.)http://teganandsara.com/page/2/

A and I with baby Jackson (we could totally be Mom's)

We went to a really cool Cider brew house in Michigan, Called Tandem Cider. They even had a Tandem bike we rode around and we were told we were better than most couples that try.

Jody, A , Jackson and I....SO CUTE!!!!!


My Aunt Annette and Uncle Mark made us a killer dinner the first night we went out on the sailboat in MI. fresh corn salad=AMAZING!

The next night my cousins cooked some kabobs for us. again, SO SO GOOD!!!
Elliott, Luke and I (COUSIN LOVE!!!)

I *love* sailing. seriously, my favorite thing to do when in Sutton's Bay.

Oh yeah, My brother and Jessica got engaged! Congrats to them. One comment that was made on Jessica's facebook page (that still makes me laugh) was "congratulations. Not only are you gaining a husband, you are getting a child too. Congrats on motherhood." if you know my brother AT ALL, you can laugh at that one. But on the real, so happy for them!
And one last one of me and baby. so cute. we are totally buddies.


A and I even got to go tubing together! It was very fun, and A did really well. But after about 7 minutes, we both had sore arms and were ready to watch my cousins tear it up.

Happy Thursday, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. i love these pics. :) and corey is engaged!! amazing. hopefully i see you tomorrow to hear more about everything.

    ReplyDelete