Friday, September 3, 2010

Feels like a Fall Friday!

Hello Friends. Believe it or not, I have a mix for you this Friday. No real theme, just some good tunes that I enjoy and feel right on this crisp, fall(ish) morning.
A few new songs, a few old one, all in all, I think a good mix.
Hopefully this means I'm really back at it and I will continue to post new stuff on here.

But for now, let's start with the mix!

1. Changes-Tahiti 80. I first heard of this group back in college. I was obsessed with the song *heartbeat* Just ask my roommate-I played that songs ALL the time. I sort of forgot about them, but then heard this song and thought I should throw it on the mix. 2. Amie-Pure Prairie League. Ive loved this song my whole life. When I was young, I had no idea what the guy was talking about. When I got a little older I was in a band with a girl who's father was also a musician and he used to play his guitar and sing during parties on occasion. This was one of his favorites to play, or so I assume because he ALWAYS played it(and his daughters name is Amy...)

3. Fine Feelings-Spoon. I realized today when putting this song on my mix that I really like Spoon. I put their songs on lots of mixes, and I know more of their material then I ever thought. They are pretty catchy and I just assume that you guys enjoy their stuff too. If that isn't the case, lemme know, and I will stop flooding my mixes with Spoon.
4. Everybody Say-Takka Takka. This is a new band to me. Yes, they have been around for some time, but I had never given them a listen until this last year. And I enjoy it. It is nice and mellow(but not TOO mellow.) I dunno, looking outside on this cloudy day-this song has a nice soothing vibe to it. 5. Hell-Tegan and Sara. Off their newest album that isn't so new anymore. I still love it though. This song rocks. A and I just purchased a box collection set of all of their albums on vinyl and I can not WAIT to get it. I think T&S will sound great coming out of my Grandpa's old Sony speakers.

6. Today-Joshua Radin. bringing it back down. I like his voice. I think it is nice. And after T&S, you need to just rest a second. Again, I know very little about this guy. I DO know that Ryan Adams recorded on one of his albums and that he does more than just play music (like act on TV shows...) 7. Another World-Chemical Brothers. This song is off their new album and is HOT! I love it. I could listen to it on repeat all day. There is just something about their sound that is lovely. I'd really enjoy being in a band/group like this. Maybe someday Ill learn how to make electronic music. Seriously, I just listened to this 4 times in a row....dorky. 8. Sweet Disposition- The Temper Trap. I know I know, this song is now all over commercials, but that doesn't mean it isn't a good song. It is haunting and epic and beautiful. I love this guys voice. It makes me want to go out and do something amazing today. What that is, I have no idea. just a moving song, I guess. 9. Lasso-Phoenix. Just another killer Phoenix single. No need to get into it much more. I love this band. full of pop hits!

10. Satellite-Guster. I like Guster. Call me a fool, or a kid stuck in the late 90's early 2000's college radio rock. That is fine with me. I like them. Not a TON, or anything, but enough to put a song on a mix every so often. This particular song fits the mix (i think) because of the weather outside. There are just certain songs that scream cloudy say, or sunshine, or snow storm, or whatever. I just feel like this is a cloudy day/evening song. 11. Hallelujah- The Helio Sequence. These guys pop up on my Pandora a lot. I like their sound and the vocals. And I actually do pretty well paying attention to these lyrics. And you guessed it, they are pretty good. I think I need to get into this band more. 12. Rock and Roll-The Sounds. This is an awesome chick band. I like their catchy-pop sound. I think they would be good live as well. Her vocals compliment the guitar riffs very well. Probably would sound really great at high volumes in a dark sweaty small venue, no?

13. Try a Little Tenderness-Otis Redding. Who doesn't love this song and think of Ducky when you hear it? I may have put this on a mix in the past, but i think that is just fine. In fact, I could jam to this song every Friday.
14. Honky Tonk Women-The Rolling Stones. I had this album on tape during college and listened to it so much the tape was destroyed. I love this song. It is a sort of swanky, which i like. along with the cowbell, and slick guitar riff, this song rocks (and the lyrics are great!) I'd love to drink a cold bud while washing an old car out front my house with my hose in an old worn out soccer t-shirt. *sometimes my imagination impresses me....*
Well, that's that guys. Enjoy my Friday Mix!!

1 comment:

  1. ah great mix cayla. i've been getting the hello sequence a lot on pandora as well thanks to my local natives station, which happens to be the best station i've had in awhile. Sweet Disposition IS a great song. And Amie is one of my favorites as well- one my dad would sang to me frequently and one that will forever make me smile whenever I hear it :)

    Also, I'm so sorry to hear about your step dad :(

    ReplyDelete