Tuesday, November 2, 2010

San Francisco Treat!!!!


from here
Hello my dear friends.  I have been in a fabulous mood all week.  Why, you ask? Well because A and I are getting on a plane headed for SAN FRANCISCO on THURSDAY!!!!!!  Can you tell I am beyond thrilled? Amanda's birthday is on Sunday, so we decided to hit the road (or sky) and go see a city we have never been to.  Well, I have been there, but it was for one day, when I was dirt poor, so we walked from neighborhood to neighborhood until I was so tired and sore that we took the train back to Santa Clara and I slept the whole time.  I was in college, and ended up getting the flu like 2 days later.
ANYHOW, this is about our upcoming trip!

here
We know we are staying in the Astoria Hotel (above) the first 2 nights we are there.  It is in Union Square. We picked it because it was fairly cheap and looks pretty old.  Perhaps we will find a ghost (shhhh....don't tell A, but Ill be searching)
The third and fourth night we will be staying at the Phoenix Hotel.  My aunt and uncle told us it is awesome, and lots of fun.  But we just found out that they no longer have a bar there....or a restaurant.  And it is in Tenderloin, which I knew nothing about until last night when I read that it isn't the safest area.  BUT, it is not in the "really unsafe" part, so we should be okay....right?
found here
We look forward to taking some trolley's because you have to, right?  We won't have a car, so public transportation is the way we will roll.
I look forward to going to Castro, and the Mission area(which I head has some really great gay bars/dyke coffee shops)
And to Fisherman's Wharf for chili in a bread bowl (A and I don't like clam chowder....)
And maybe even to this park that I forgot the name of that is shown in the opening credits of Full House!
This is one of the areas I remember going to when I hit up San Francisco back in 2003.  With my looooong dreads, how could I have missed it?  We will probably stop through, perhaps on the way to golden gate park.
And everyone says go to Lombard Street, which is somewhat close to where we are staying.
I think this photo is awesome.  I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!  If anyone has been to SF, let me know what you think we should see.  Oh yeah, we will FOR SURE go to China town for some food and cheap shit. 
HAPPY TUESDAY!!!!

1 comment:

  1. i'm Italian and I went there for the first time in 2011.I't was very beautiful I Love San. Francisco :)

    ReplyDelete