Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gobble Gobble!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  I am hoping you all have some fun things planned for your long weekend.  I *love* thanksgiving (not my FAVORITE, but in the top 5 holidays) mainly because it gives us a few extra days off each year. 

Last Thanksgiving A, the pugs and I drove to DETROIT to see Mandy's Dad and best friend, JK.  This year we decided that we do not want to travel.  We just want to do out own Thanksgiving and start our own traditions.  I love this idea.  So we plan on going to a movie tomorrow, and then we will probably head home, start cooking and maybe even get out some Christmas decorations (because that's how A rolls... :)  )

This year, A is in charge of the potatoes, and the dessert.  She is making cheesy mashed potatoes, and we bought a pumpkin pie (i personally don't care for the pumpkin pie too much.  I am more of a pecan pie kinda girl. straight up, that is my FAVORITE!)


I am in charge of turkey (we are not making a whole bird, because it is just 2 of us, and A doesn't really eat much meat anyways.)
I also am doing stuffing.  A asked for cornbread stuffing, so that is what we are going to do.  If the recipe I got works out well, Ill post it up here.  In fact if ANY of our recipes work, Ill post them!
We couldn't decide which veggies to make, and because I like veggies a lot, we are making green beans, broccoli and Brussels sprouts.


So that is our potential menu.  I think it will go pretty well (or I hope it will....A and I have pretty reasonable expectations for one another.)

And in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for many things.
                                                           I'm thankful for Love
                                                       And old(*best!*) friends
                                                            and beautiful scenery
and bestie-hipster-gay boys (again, best friends)
I'm thankful for having a friend that will always meet me at the rail station
And other friends that will always shoot Whiskey with me (and give me love when I'm in the Chi, of course!)
I'm thankful to have a brother
and a mother (and father and step mother too....just couldn't find a picture of them )  And really Family in general.
I'm thankful for bicycles.
And drum sets


Most importantly, I am Thankful for our little family.  We may be 50% pug, 50% lesbian, but I think that is just perfect. 
Happy Thanks, friends.  If you are in the Minne this weekend, holler at me!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely Cayla. All you're missing is the wine! I am thankful for our friendship.
    I'll be around this weekend, too. We should hang out.
    Love you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with sara :)
    See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete