Monday, November 29, 2010

morning ride

My commute this morning was awesome.  I spent some time this weekend adjusting my winter ride.  I got some new handle bars and new (locally made) clip-type things for my pedals.  Both are a big improvement from where my bike was at.
  The weather was really nice-a balmy (and I mean balmy) 40 degrees and the sun was rising just as I crossed the river, so I had to pull over and get a photo.  It was one of those "damn, I love Minnesota" moments.  Don't get me wrong, I love Wisconsin, too.  But lately I have been really happy with the state I live in. 

Ive been writing a paper for a class I am taking (Sociology) about the bicycling culture in Minneapolis.  Doing the research, and hearing others talk about their love and passion for this town, well it really made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

So, while we haven't reached the crazy snow, and freezing cold wind (as seen below)  I am loving this Minnesota Winter so far (ha....it isn't even December yet......)



This is my "I beat you Winter!" face.
Happy Monday, Friends.  Take 5 minutes today to think about why you love this place (or whatever place you do live in.)

1 comment: