Monday, December 6, 2010

BRUNCH!!!

 I love a good brunch. One where different friends cook different things, and you take your time cooking and just chit chat in the kitchen and catch up on the happenings of your life. Something about the kitchen brings me a very safe feeling. A "I'm warm in my house and it is cold outside" sort of feel (especially in this cazse...it was a WINTER brunch!)


I typically order a savory breakfast item when it comes to breakfast. However when you have a brunch going down, there are usually more than one item, and you can have both sweet and savory.



 Why am I talking about this?  Well because I had an AWESOME bruch this past weekend.  Kat, Laura and I planned to get together, make some brunch and then hit the snow covered roads for a little ride.  Well....on my way to their place (near Powderhorn Park) from my house in Longfellow, I got a flat.  Like East of Hwy 55.  I assumed that I was about halfway to their place (not even close to halfway.) I took a look at the tire, and fixing a flat in the cold and snow is just not something I wanted to do.   So I decided to just hoof it.  And it took maybe 30 minutes or so, but it was a pretty nice walk.  And I knew i had a BRUNCH to look forward to.
 When I arrived, I could smell the chai and egg bake as I walked in the front door to their place. And away we went!


Laura made chai, and both cranberry and regular pancakes, along with homemade pastries (flakey poptart-like happiness). Kat made a killer veggie egg bake with spinach and mushrooms and tomatoes and herbs and some cheese. She also made some basic hashbrowns. I was incharge of veggie hash, which consisted of red potatoes, carrots, onion, zucchini, yellow squash and I think that was it. All of the food turned out amazing, and really made me want to do brunch with friends more often!

 And mimosas, of course :)
So Mighty Swell is this weekend....maybe someone needs to do brunch with me before we head over?  think about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment