Monday, August 2, 2010

Chicago....FINALLY

Hey Guys. Tonight I plan on spending some time recapping the Riverwest 24, which was an unbelievably amazing experience. But for now, Enjoy some photos and fun from our CRAZY Friday night in Chicago a few weeks ago.

A and I were staying with Brittany and Joel. JK told us about a Pitchfork after party being held by the VenusZine(his friend works there). So the three of us were to meet JK at the Beauty Bar (http://www.beautybar.com/chicago/home.php)
Well, when we got to Chicago, my dear old friend, Tracy, just so happened to be in town, staying with another old friend, Danielle. So our large group headed to the Beauty Bar to meet JK and dance. And DANCE we did!
We enjoyed PBR tall boys, shots of Whiskey and some girlie shots too! It got to be a pretty fun and wild time.
Tracy and I haven't seen each other in about 3 years. WAAAAY too long. He now lives in Boston, but comes back to the Midwest to visit us every so often.
hell, PBR practically sponsored our night. See in Chicago, everything is a little more expensive. Except PBR tallboys, which were like 3 bucks.
Our crew was pretty close back in the day. Both Brittany and Danielle live in Chicago now. But at one point, we were all in Minneapolis. Another one of our dear friends, Mike, was the first to move away. Shortly after that, everyone sort of went their own way. Mike passed away a few summers ago, and it was a pretty hard thing for all of us to deal with. I don't think we have all been together since then. Anyhow, not to get all downer-the truth is I kinda felt like he was with us this night (in a really great way.)
A and I don't always get out dancing together, but on the real, it may be one of my top three things to do with her. I think because we don't do it that often, it makes it even more fun (but every time we go dancing I say I want to dance EVERY weekend....ha)
During the breaks from dancing, we caught up on whats going on in life and whatnot.
And it was the second weekend in a row that we got to spend time with JK. I was starting to get used to the feeling of seeing him all the time. I wish that were the case. It is nice to have a solid boy around.
JK encourages a lot of the dancing. Luckily (for me) he also really likes dancing, so we drag A out, who doesn't always want to come, because she thinks she is a bad dancer, which just in not the case.
Tracy and I had a blast together.

Like I said, lots of dancing. All in all, it was a wonderful weekend. We went to a different bar after the beauty bar (Evil Olive http://www.evil-olive.com/) and that is when stuff got fuzzy. But I know I had a good time! I think this may have been one of my favorite nights of summer. And I thanks everyone who was involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment