Friday, November 18, 2011

Almost time for a road trip

Hey team. I finished up student teaching at Sanford Middle School last week and it was very bittersweet. More bitter for sure. Yes, I get to sleep in now and not turn in millions of pages of lesson plans, however I miss the shit out of the kids AND my cooperating teacher. I really had an amazing experience, and I can not WAIT to be back in the classroom. I really hope I will find a job in a middle school next year....
This is actually on the first day of grad school. Don't I look for fresh and excited?

Anyhow, now that it is the Friday before Thanksgiving break, I am trying to get a bunch of school work done. I only have class on Monday next week, so I am skipping out of town early to head to Milwaukee. A is going back to Detroit to visit family, and I have my 10 year class reunion next Friday, so we are splitting up for the holiday (we have never had a Thanksgiving apart :(  )  for the week/end. I want my trip to MKE to be somewhat relaxing, so I am doing lots of work now.
And when I do homework, I need music. So...here are some tunes I am enjoying as I write papers and reflect on teaching and whatnot. Enjoy!





I know, kinda random. just songs that I have played this morning that have made me feel good. Happy Friday! (that was Lykke Li, Daft Punk doing a Pretty Lights remix, Peggy Lee, and Jethro Tull)

No comments:

Post a Comment