Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pedal Pub

Have any of you been on a pedal pub? DO you know what a pedal pub is? Well to begin with, it is a large mode of transportation that includes 10 "saddles" and set of pedals, and a bench all wrapped around a bar. (see picture below.) Most people rents these for events like birthdays, bachelor parties, you know. Well last week my friend turned 29 and rented one. Basically, you and a handful of friends get on one of these things (which has an employee sit as captain-steering and braking) and pedal from bar to bar. You can drink WHILE ON THE VEHICLE, making it a blast. However, you have to actually pedal in order to move, so it takes some getting used to.

Anyhow, we hit up a handful of nordeast bars and had a blast. in fact, I had so much fun that I lost my wallet on my bike ride home that night :( total rookie move-had my wallet in my back pocket while riding. never again. Anyhow, I've spent the last few days replacing things and canceling cards and the likes. It makes me want to make sure that my wallet is WAY simplified this time around. I hate that there were numbers and such in there that I will never see again. Is there anything worse that losing a wallet? I questioned whether or not losing my phone would have made me more sad. I think my wallet wins.

On that note, try a pedal pub, don't ever have your wallet in your back pocket while riding a bike, and sometimes important stuff should stay on your night stand.
Happy Tuesday everyone.

1 comment:

  1. oh, man! that sucks about your wallet! my purse has been stolen more than once, and there is no worse feeling than losing all of your shit! but i am glad you had fun on the pedal pub. i need to try that one day.

    ReplyDelete